Saturday 20th March saw the Samui community come together for the first ever “Tastes of Samui” – a culinary food market at Secret Garden beach resort in Bangrak.
A big thanks to John and Johan from Secret Garden for coming up with such a great event format, and for hosting this tasty affair. Some of Samui’s finest restaurants and food suppliers presented their signature dishes and products, with live music, a DJ and wine tasting.
We appreciate the support of the Samui community for coming down to Secret Garden on the day with their friends, families and kids. This event raised over 8000 Baht for Sisters on Samui (SOS), which will go towards our #FeedSamui initiative.
And a big thank you to all of the food and wine vendors who setup their stalls and shared their favourite dishes with us on the day. And to the live music acts and DJ. Thank you for sharing your tasty treats toe-tapping tunes with us.
Sisters, we encourage you to visit some of these restaurants when you can, or order some take-away for home.
thank you to our fine food & wine vendors
- 3Zaap – Som Tum restaurant, Isaan food, Spicy spicy salad in Bophut
- Art Cafe by June – health food cafe selling organic foods and desserts. Located in Samui Town Centre (Bophut).
- Ambrose Wines – As one of Thailand’s top wine importers, Ambrose has been delivering the best to our customers for over 20 years. Leading hotels and restaurants in Thailand select Ambrose Wine and Spirits as their supplier of choice.
- Tapas Barcelona – the only and first authentic Spanish-Mediterranean restaurant on the island of Koh Samui, where you will find a very familiar atmosphere, to be at home, and a quality with first-class food. Located in Fisherman’s Village.
- EVA Cafe – A modern and elegant EVA Café is located in Lipa Noi surrounded by a lush tropical garden. Offering various type of cuisine both Local&International savor. Selected beverages as refreshment drinks, house blend coffee and premium tea are also available
- Fabulous Things – homemade pastries, cakes and catering for all occasions. Makers of bespoke cakes for all occasions from cupcakes to wedding cakes.
- Food Mafia – Traditional German Bakery and Butchery in Maenam
- Merchant Gourmet Food Samui – Gourmet food grocer on Lamai main road, Koh Samui. Specialising in chilled steak cuts, organic chicken and pork, cold cuts, sausages, bacon, cheese, seafood, pasta, condiments, herbs, spices and ice cream.
- Phensiri – The Simply Thai cuisine open kitchen with difference, varieties of famous Thai menu and local Thai dishes from the old day, all selected fresh ingredient, every day from local market, no convenience food used. Cooked by home made recipe.
- Rossini Ice Cream – Home made ice-cream in Lamai Koh Samui since 1992, made fresh daily. Discover our delicious flavors manufactured in our shop, and special Vegan.
- Salefino – Restaurant and tapas bar on the seaside, with beautiful sunset view, pure and genuine Italian seafood cuisine, lounge music and drinks.
- Secret Garden – a boutique beach resort, restaurant and bar in Bangrak.
- The Shack – ‘Rhythm n Blues’ style restaurant located in the quaint village of Bophut, Fisherman’s Village!
- Sisters on Samui – Myanmar street food, prepared by one of the families that receive food donations from SOS
- Villa Upni Duniya x Haveli – an exclusive, luxurious, oceanfront villa located on Bangrak beach available for rentals. Since 2020, they have been hosting monthly Mexican and Indian nights.
We’d also like to give a shoutout to Khun Chat and the team at Bliss Events Thailand for providing the tents and tables, the International School of Samui for letting us borrow their power packs and fans, and to our Sisters Claudia Wilkinson, Cathy Curtis, Suzanne Silver and Yvonne Roberts for sharing their power packs with us too.
Thank you to some of our favourite musical acts who performed on the day:
THANK YOU ONE AND ALL. We can’t wait to see you all at our next event.