64 ladies joined us on 16th March 2022 for a very special Ladies Lunch at the beautiful Vana Belle resort, overlooking the stunning stretch of Chaweng Noi.
It was a delight to be welcomed by the Vana Belle team – firstly with valet parking, and being greeted by the F&B team in the Kiree Restaurant with wonderful views across the blue sea. The drinks selection, and the much enjoyed menu and warm hospitality made for a wonderful day for all. Our special thanks to Vana Belle also for donating a Gift Voucher for our lucky door prize on the day. A shoutout to the Vana Belle team: GM Francois Poletti, Venue Manager Khun Jeab, F&B Manager Khun Pompi and Chef Julonk.
Our thanks to our guest speaker on the day, Jenny Connor, who recently settled on the island. Jenny shared a little about her background, her travels around Asia, how she came to be living in Koh Samui. Look out for Jenny and her husband’s soon to open business KHAN SPACE, a co-working space in Chaweng (opposite Success Gym).
It was lovely to see so many new faces at the March lunch – we do hope you’ll continue to join us the monthly Ladies Lunch.
On the day, we shared an update on the SOS fundraising, community initiatives and events, including:
- Fundraising in February 2022 was approximately THB 24,000, including funds raised from the February Ladies Lunch at TEMBO Beach Club, and the Women’s Health Talk at Miskawaan Health Center on International Women’s Day.
- FeedSamui- 505 food packages were handed out to families in need during February 2022, with a spend around THB 70,000.
- February Local Matters – we purchased some dermatology approved skin cream for Khun Tuta, and also donated towards the Happy Tails Sanctuary.
- The painting ladies, led by Sarah W, raised THB 35,000 in the past 6 months, from their weekly painting afternoons, as well as sales of the wooden stools, little storage boxes and signs. More info here.
- Upcoming events: Essential Oils class with Khun Gem at the Marketplace by SOS on 26th March, followed by April Ladies Lunch on 20th April. We hope to see you there!
ABOUT SISTERS ON SAMUI LADIES LUNCHES
Sisters on Samui Ladies Lunches are held on the 3rd Wednesday of the month, at a different venue each month. It’s a great opportunity to meet up with ladies who live on the island, meet new friends and share tips about island life. Each time we meet, 100 THB of the entry fee goes towards our Community Initiatives, including #FeedSamui and Local Matters. Make sure you’re on our mailing list and you’ll receive invitations to all of our events. We also share event info on our website, Facebook and Instagram.
For more information – contact us by email on firstname.lastname@example.org