Being far from home and our network of close family, means we don’t always know where to turn when we’re in need of some therapy or counselling. We’ve put together a few recommendations here, that you can reach out to when faced with mental health challenges such as stress, anxiety or grief.
Please email us if know if you can suggest others.
SAMARITANS OF THAILAND
- 24-hour hotline that offers free support over the telephone, with the main objective of suicide prevention
- Phone: +66 (0) 2 113 6789 press 2 for English (or press 1 for Thai). Leave a message, someone will call you back within 24 hours.
- Website: https://www.samaritansthai.com
PSYCHIATRIST – BANGKOK HOSPITAL SAMUI
- There are two qualified Psychiatrists at Bangkok Hospital Samui – Dr Lertsiri Rajchaderm M.D. and Dr Pichamon Petwichien, M.D.
- Contact the hospital to make an appointment on +66 (0) 77 429 500
- Website: https://bangkokhospitalsamui.wixsite.com/bangkokhospitalsamui
PSYCHIATRIC NURSE – KOH SAMUI HOSPITAL
- There is a qualified Psychiatric Nurse at Koh Samui Hospital in Nathon. It is our understanding that they can dispense mental health medicines if required.
- Contact the Foreigner Center at Koh Samui Hospital for more information, call +66 (0) 77 420 856
ROMI GROSSBERG – HOLISTIC COUNSELLING
- Romi Grossberg offers online and in-person consultations. She works with adults, couples and teenagers (16+) to better help with mental health. Romi has presented at Sisters on Samui events a couple of times.
- Website: https://www.romigrossberg.com/online-counselling-holistic/
- WhatsApp: + 66 (0) 82 416 9317
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
DR MALLIKA MEINHOLD – HEALTH PSYCHOLOGICAL COUNSELLING
- Dr Mallika Meinhold offers health psychological counselling online and also in-person at her clinics in Bangkok, Chonburi and Hua Hin. This recommendation came from the Hua Hin ladies group on Facebook.
- Her services help with psychological, psychosomatic and chronic diseases, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, sleeping disorders, addiction and stress-related ailments, PTSD, post-natal depression and trans-gender issues.
- Website: http://mallika-meinhold.com/index-en.html
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Mobile: +66 (0) 86-0984640
MISKAWAAN HEALTH CLINIC – BEHAVIORAL HEALTH THERAPY
- At Miskawaan Health Clinic, behavioral health describes the connection between everyday actions and the well-being of the body, mind and spirit. Examples include the impact of eating habits, drinking and exercise on your physical, emotional and mental health.
- Located in Maenam, Koh Samui, they offer Behavioral Health therapies such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) and Nutritional Psychology.
- Website: https://www.miskawaanhealth.com/behavioral-therapy/
- Phone: +66 (0) 2 086 8888
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SOME OTHER CONTACTS: (listed alphabetically)
Here’s a few contacts that have been recommended to us by others. Some may provide complementary support to help your mental health journey.
- Jessica Kelly from Meet Your Mind Counselling offers coaching on mindset, working with stress and anxiety management, as well as limiting beliefs, focus and goal setting. Website: https://www.meetyourmindonline.com/
- Karan Ladd offers Hynotherapy – email: email@example.com or Whatsapp +66 (0) 81 440 1711
- Dr Maria Dimou, psychiatrist with holistic approach, offers online consultations – email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Uschi Herrmann offers Reiki – email email@example.com or call +66 (0) 929 803 430
- LifeLine (Australia) – website https://www.lifeline.org.au/ (Note: Aussies can contact the Australian Consulate-General, and they will transfer your call to LifeLine for free)
- Grief Encounter (UK) – website https://www.griefencounter.org.uk