I know that the world has its eyes on one thing at the moment, but thought I would distract you with what is happening in our beautiful corner of the world!
We will be having our first Annual General Meeting (AGM) this month and need to share with you all what will be happening. This is a fairly lengthy post, but please read to the very end.
- Date: Wednesday, 18th November, 2020
- Time: 10 am – 12 noon
- Place: Prana Resort, Bangrak
- President’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Election of officers
- Any other business
If you wish to nominate someone, please let us know (but please ask them first). Here are descriptions of the roles.
- is answerable to the Board
- is expected to further the interests of SOS
- is the main contact with SOS
- is responsible for providing a programme of activities for the year
- is responsible for ensuring that relevant communications are circulated.
This position presides over committee meetings and covers for the President in their absence. The Vice-President does not automatically fill the role of the President when the President retires.
- is responsible for receiving all cash and transferring it to the Treasurer
- is responsible for convening the AGM – sending out a notice to all participants and all matters relating to the AGM including the election and re-election of the committee members and recording the minutes and related action points
- is responsible for maintaining the register of all participants who have signed up with SOS
- is responsible for minutes at any meeting where the President/Co-President is in attendance
- can appoint an alternate if needed in an emergency
- is responsible for receiving all monies from the Secretary
- is responsible for maintaining the written financial records of income and expenditure of the Group
- is responsible for running the finances.
Board – This is to help us build our infrastructure and will comprise of three Foundation Directors, VP plus three (new) Associate Directors
- has control of the funds, investments and property of SOS;
- shall receive and collect the income and rents from said property, and pay the same through the Secretary to SOS;
- shall execute all leases, contracts or other papers necessary or proper in the premises when authorised by SOS
- shall hold at least one regular meeting each month and such special meetings as may be required
- It shall present to the SOS membership a segregated Budget per adopted Bylaws
- Shall see that the provisions relating to the sale, lease, purchase, exchange, gift or substantial alteration of SOS real estate, shall be strictly complied with.
Nominations have currently been received for:
- President – Juliette Burrows
- Vice President – Yvonne Roberts
- Secretary – Maya Wahrenberger
- Treasurer – Claudia Wilkinson
Finally, we will be sending out a Survey next week which will enable questions to be asked (anonymously) during the Any Other Business portion of the Agenda.
Please try and attend this most important first Annual General Meeting which will let you know what SOS has been up to and where it is going.
The November Ladies Lunch will follow at noon.
We look forward to seeing as many of your faces – old and new, bring a friend and let’s get SOS going in the right direction to keep helping out this beautiful little island.
If you have any questions, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org